First Snow Paralyzes Central, Western Europe
The first heavy snowfall hit parts of Europe as early as mid-October.
Railway transportation in Bavaria was blocked, while some schools had to remain closed on Friday. Other parts of southern Germany were also affected, causing lengthy traffic on roads.
Parts of Switzerland and Austria felt the early arrival of winter as well. In the western Austrian province of Tirol, rail services were completely halted.
Over 22 000 households in Austria have been cut off from electricity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 458 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is preparing a Simulation of an Accident at the Zaporizhzhia NPP according to Kyiv
- » Turkey will Vote for the first time in a Presidential Runoff
- » Germany to Transfer its “Patriot” Systems from Slovakia to Lithuania
- » The Situation in Northern Kosovo is Calm - Vucic no longer Leader of his Party
- » Vucic raised the Combat Readiness of the Army and ordered the Serbs to March towards Kosovo
- » Day 457 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least Two People died after Russian shelling of a Hospital in the City of Dnipro