Sofia Citizens Ride in to Buy Coastal Holiday Homes
Citizens of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia are steadily joining Russians, Brits and Irish as buyers on the market of holiday properties on the country's Black Sea coast, according to realtors.
The resorts of Tsarevo, Kiten, Lozenest and Primorsko are currently hot spots for Sofia citizens, looking to buy a second home in the sun and by the sea.
The offer price of vacation properties on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast most in demand is about EUR 60 000.
But the trend is new and the capital Sofia continues to be the most active location on the Bulgarian market.
The major buyers of holiday homes in Bulgaria over the last few years have been Russians who focus mostly on the Southern Black Sea coast but have also started to consider Bulgaria's mountain resorts and the village homes along the Bulgarian Northern Black Sea homes.
The British who several years ago invested in cheap vacation properties still under construction later drove the entire market of "secondary" vacation properties, this time by selling.
- » About 40% of Households in Bulgaria Live in Overcrowded Housing
- » British Are Once Again Interested In Buying Bulgarian Properties
- » 100% Increase of Property Prices in Sofia in the Last 15 Years
- » Housing Prices in Sofia Froze, Growth of New Construction Purchases
- » Housing Prices in Bulgaria have been Rising at the Slowest Pace in Three Years
- » Property Prices in Sofia Fall at the End of the Year