Bulgarian Refugee Shelters Exceeding Capacity
Over the past three days, 244 foreign nationals have illegally crossed the border into Bulgaria.
177 of them are Syrian nationals, and 67 come from other countries.
The capacity of the regional refugee shelters under the authority of the State Agency for Refugees and those of the Interior Ministry is currently exceeded by 514 beds, reported BGNES agency. The overall limit is 1 930 persons.
The shelter for temporary accommodation in Elhovo has housed 166 asylum seekers.
A key problem for the Regional Directorate of the Elhovo Border Police is the inability to timely accommodate persons with expired detention warrants.
These warrants are issued by the transit centers of the State Agency for Refugees and specialized homes of the Migration Directorate under the Ministry of Interior.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Parliament decided: Free Textbooks for Students from Grades 1 to 12
- » Bulgaria: A Disco on the Northern Beach in Burgas Burned Down
- » More than 18 Thousand cubic meters of Illegal Logging in Bulgaria was Established in 2022
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 47 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: The Snow caused Problems in Mountain Passes, Yellow Code for Heavy Rain in 11 Regions
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency has been Declared in the Karlovo villages of Karavelovo and Bogdan