Putin: US Strike on Syria Could Overthrow Intl Law, Order
Russian President Vladimir Putin has used an article in New York Times to severely censure the US position on Syria, as diplomatic efforts are under way to avoid a US strike.
A one-sided American intervention "could throw the entire system of international law and order out of balance," writes the Russian President.
Putin warns that such a move will not only be detrimental to the whole region, in particular Israel-Palestine relations, and the negotiations on Iran's nuclear program, but also for the whole world.
He stresses that a military move withouth the sanction of the UN will run directly counter international law established after WW II, and constitute nothing less than "aggression."
"It is alarming that military intervention in internal conflicts in foreign countries has become commonplace for the United States," says Putin.
Many of those fighting amongst the rebels in Syria are no friends of democracy, and should be viewed as terrorists, added the Russian President.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir