Bulgaria Seeks to Build New National Stadium, Host 2 Euro 2020 Games
Plans for the construction of a new national stadium have resurfaced in Bulgaria, with Bulgarian Football Union president Borislav Mihaylov officially expressing his support for the move.
Noting that it is the government that has to make the final decision, Mihaylov reminded that he has held talks with both Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov on the issue.
"I hope that we would host at least two Euro 2020 games, if such stadium is constructed," Mihailov told reporters, adding that the new facility would be beneficial for Bulgarian football teams competing in European tournaments.
The Bulgarian Football Union president said the new stadium may be built in Sofia - or some other Bulgarian city, if the government decides so.
UEFA announced on 6 December 2012 that it had made the unprecedented decision to host Euro 2020 in multiple cities across Europe. The plan to spread thetournament across the continent was initiated by UEFA president Michel Platini.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Close to the World Chess Title
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Second in the Current Ranking of the World Chess Championship
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World