Blast at Sofia Chinese Restaurant Terrified Local Residents

Society | August 19, 2013, Monday // 19:49
Bulgaria: Blast at Sofia Chinese Restaurant Terrified Local Residents Eleven people were injured when a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) canister exploded Sunday evening at a Chinese restaurant in central Sofia. Photo by BGNES

The blast that occurred Sunday night at the Chinese restaurant downtown in Bulgarian capital Sofia, startled local residents breaking most of the windows of a neighboring apartment.

The witness, a woman, living next to the scene of the accident, was watching television with her husband when the explosion went off. 

She described the blast as "a blazing fireball", which entered into the room, breaking all the windows.

“All the windows blew open, the window-glasses got smashed and in a split second the whole floor was covered with small particles of glass. The blast didn’t manage to reach us, just because we were sitting on the couch”, said the witness.

The explosion broke all windows of one of the rooms and these in some of the other premises, terrifying the residents.

We need your support so can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!

Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article
Tags: Chinese, Russian Church, explosion, blast, injured, Nikolay Nikolov, gas
Advertisement All Are Welcome! Join Now!
Bulgaria news (Sofia News Agency - is unique with being a real time news provider in English that informs its readers about the latest Bulgarian news. The editorial staff also publishes a daily online newspaper "Sofia Morning News." (Sofia News Agency - and Sofia Morning News publish the latest economic, political and cultural news that take place in Bulgaria. Foreign media analysis on Bulgaria and World News in Brief are also part of the web site and the online newspaper. News Bulgaria