Bulgarian Intellectuals Ask Patriarch for National Prayer
A group of Bulgarian intellectuals have sent a letter to Patriarch Neofit, asking him to hold a national prayer for the spiritual union and moral resurrection of the country's people.
They propose to hold the prayer on Tuesday, August 6, at 6 pm in the central cathedral Alexander Nevski in downtown Sofia.
"The crisis is political and societal, but it is first and foremost a crisis of the spirit and the soul. For this reason, we, a group of Christian Orthodox believers, who follow with great worry the events in our country, are asking Your Holiness for this prayer," the letter reads.
It is signed by Prof Kalin Yanakiev, Prof Tsocho Boyadzhiev, Toni Nikolov, Yuliana Nikolova, Borislav Mavrov, Rumyana Shishkova, Prof Bozhidar Kunchev, Georgi Tenev, and Vlado Rumenov.
They write they sincerely believe that a common prayer to God is precisely the way to overcome lack of compassion for the pains and suffering of other people.
After Patriarch Maxim passed away in November 2012, Ruse Metropolitan Neofit was elected Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church by the Holy Synod's national church council on February 24, 2013.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Number of Students Willing to Study Abroad Dwindling - Bulgarian Education Ministry
- » The Economist Demands Resignaion of Kristalina Georgieva as Head of the IMF
- » Five Climbers Die in Elbrus, Europe's Highest Peak in Russian Caucasus
- » EU Common e-device Chargers - Make It or Break It
- » The Situation with COVID-19 in the Balkans
- » Prof. Vitanov Sends New Alarm: Universe May Be Drowned in Our Tears