Ex Bulgarian Gymnastics Star Penalized for Referee Violations
The former Chair of the Bulgarian Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation, Maria Gigova, has been expelled for the rest of the year from the Technical Committee of the International Gymnastics Federation, FIG.
Gigova, a former three-time world rhythmic gymnastics champion has been sanctioned along with 5 other members for manipulating courses for referees. The accusations involve granting diplomas without adhering to the rules of the Federation.
The decision revokes an earlier one that the members of the Technical Committee have not committed breaches of the rules.
The six will continue to train referees, but would not be able to assess them.
The sanction can be appealed within 21 days before the Arbitration Committee of FIG.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Nurgyul Salimova and Nadya Toncheva in the Top 10 of Chess Rankings
- » BREAKING: Borislav Mihailov Resigned as President of the Bulgarian Football Union
- » Bulgarian Ex-Minister and Shooting Sports Legend Endorses IOC Neutrality Amid Russia, Belarus Olympic Dilemma
- » How to Develop a Successful Sports Betting Strategy
- » Bulgarian Football Union President Denies Responsibility for the Protest
- » Making History: Bulgarian Chess Players Became European Champions