Kozloduy Int'l Fund Grants EUR 21.5 M to Sofia Heating Utility
Sofia heating utility Toplofikatsiya-Sofia has won a grant of EUR 21.5 M under the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund (KIDSF) to be used for the implementation of six investment projects.
Sofia Deputy Mayor Irina Savina, as cited by the BGNES news agency, explained that the Assembly of Donors of the KIDSF had approved the grant at the proposal of the Sofia Municipality after getting acquainted with the projects and paperwork presented by the experts of the Sofia-based heating utility.
She noted that the projects had been drafted over the past two years at the insistence of Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova, adding that the aim was to attract grant funding for the rehabilitation and modernization of the heating utility and to achieve high-efficiency energy generation without creating a financial burden for the customers.
Savina made clear that the projects were to be implemented during the period 2013-2017.
She specified that the experts of the Sofia heating utility had already drafted a total of 21 investment projects aimed at boosting its technical capacity and ensuring a financial stabilization of the company.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Bulgaria’s PM Met with CEO of Kozloduy NPP, Equipment Purchased for Belene Will Be Used for Units 5,6 of Kozloduy
- » Sad Anniversary: Bulgaria’s Energy System Collapsed on Friday 13th 1978
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced Nearly 11 Percent of the Electricity in Bulgaria for 2020
- » Bulgaria: Forecasts for Record Drop in Power Generation Proved Right
- » Bulgaria: Heating Companies Agree to Provide More Information to Consumers