Bulgarian Renewable Power Producers Request Meeting with Min
Bulgarian renewable electricity producers have requested a meeting with Minister of Economy and Energy Dragomir Stoynev to present him with their side of the story of a standing controversy in Bulgaria.
Producers have expressed their fear that Stoynev "might be mislead" by some actors in the field of energy production.
They said they want to discuss with the minister "the continuing racketeering by the Bulgarian Electricity System Operator on some businesses."
They also argued that while some have talked about a "collapse of Bulgaria's energy system" due to inadequate demand, the Electricity System Operator has increased the capacity of some conventional power stations.
The perception of low demand has led Bulgaria's former caretaker cabinet, led by ex PM Marin Raykov, to introduce a decrease of the energy production capacity of renewable sources.
This measure was recently reversed by Bulgaria's new government chaired by PM Plamen Oresharski.
The high price of electricity was among the key grievances voice by large street protests that toppled the cabinet of former Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov in February.
There was and still is a perception in Bulgaria that the inefficient implementation of renewable energy sources into the country's grid is among the key reasons for high power prices.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low
- » In 2023: Bulgaria exports nearly 70% less electricity
- » President Radev in Delphi: Bulgaria is the Center of Energy Policy in the Balkans and Southeast Europe
- » Bulgaria concluded a Memorandum of Cooperation with Gas Transmission Operators from 4 Countries