Bulgarian Ex-EconMin Confirms: GERB Cabinet Was Wiretapped
Former Bulgarian Economy Minister Traicho Traikov has confirmed the claim made by former Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov that the members of the center-right GERB Cabinet (2009-2013) were subjected to wiretapping.
“What Naydenov said is a fact,” Traikov told the Bulgarian National Radio on Thursday, adding that it was a “public secret” that the ministers were spied on.
Traikov described the large-scale wiretapping as a “scandalous practice” and urged the Prosecutor’s Office to investigate it.
“A lesson on democracy should be given,” he declared.
Traykov’s comments followed a shocking revelation made by former Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov earlier on Thursday.
Naydenov declared that former Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov had been illegally snooping around and eavesdropping on all members of the GERB Cabinet, along with President Rosen Plevneliev, possibly former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, and many other senior officials.
The former Minister accused Tsvetanov of spying in order to blackmail everyone and eliminate all who would get closer to Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend