Sofia Named Europe's Most Affordable Travel Destination
Bulgarian capital Sofia is Europe's cheapest tourist city for 2013, according to a survey from Price of Travel.
The survey has established that the cost of a centrally located, well-reviewed three-star hotel, plus the cost of transportation, some activities, food and drink in Sofia would come in at under USD 50 a day, according to USA Today.
The survey has noted that “airfare to Sofia is somewhat expensive, and there aren't a ton of good alternative options, though Sofia does have connecting service from other European cities on low-cost carriers such as easyJet and Wizz Air.”
“If you're thinking of relying on train or bus service from another, more affordable European entry point, know that it will likely be a long, long journey,” it says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Restart of the Winter Season in Bulgaria: Heavy Snow and many Tourists in Pamporovo and Chepelare
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days
- » Snow finally Covered the Tracks in Pamporovo
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers are coming up with Alternative Activities for Skiers in Anticipation of Snow in the Winter Resorts