Bomb Threat Closes again Sofia's Main Courthouse
A bomb alert for the Sofia City Court has caused the evacuation of the main courthouse in the Bulgarian capital Monday morning.
The call has been placed around 9 am on the 112 emergency hotline with a male voice informing there was a bomb inside the building. The bomb squad and the police are checking the premises.
Last week a similar phone call closed the building in downtown Sofia from which notorious Bulgarian drug lord Zlatomir Ivanov aka Baretata (The Beret), was shot at and wounded on January 29. It is right across the courthouse. The police did not find any traces of explosives.
An increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers, courts and schools in Sofia and several other major Bulgarian cities were registered in the last few months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Legend is Gone: Sean Connery Dies Aged 90
- » Study Finds 5 Distinct Dog Types from 11,000 Years Ago
- » Death Toll Rises to 24 as 6.6 Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Turkey's Aegean Coast
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 2891 New Cases, 51041 Total
- » COVID-19 in US: Record-high Daily Numbers Few Days before Election
- » Shot of Alcohol Can Help an Irregular Heartbeat