Bulgaria Interior Min: Hezbollah May Be behind Burgas Terror
Two of the people who organized the July 2012 terror attack in Burgas, Bulgaria could have belonged to Hezbollah, according to Bulgarian Minister of Interior Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
"The supposition that the two identified persons belonged to Hezbollah's military wing is not unwarranted," stated Tsvetanov after a prolonged sitting of Bulgaria's Consultative Council for National Security.
"We have data suggesting that the attack has been financed by Hezbollah," also said Tsvetanov.
It is the first time a Bulgarian official explicitly names an organization as being implicated in the attack, that claimed the lives of 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian bus driver, and the suspected suicide bomber.
Tsvetanov has also revealed that the two identified perpetrators had an Australian and a Canadian passport, but had resided in Lebanon since 2006.
Tuesday, ahead of the results of Bulgaria's Consultative Council for National Security, a number of US media wrote that the US and Israel are expecting Bulgaria to officially ascribe the blame to Hezbollah.
The announcement could force the European Union to reconsider whether to designate the group as a terrorist organization and crack down on its extensive fund-raising operations across Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkish Military Equipment will pass through Bulgaria to join KFOR in Kosovo
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: The Defensive Shield-23 Exercise achieved its Goals of assembling a Multinational Battalion
- » The Minister of Defense: There are no Bulgarian soldiers in Ukraine
- » A Wagner mercenary with a Medal from Putin was Arrested in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Military Parade on the Day of the Bulgarian Army (PHOTOS and VIDEO)