EU, Moldova Seek to Sign Key Agreements in 2013
Moldova is on its way to ink agreements on association and free trade with EU in 2013, European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso said on Friday.
"If Moldova goes on with the reforms and achievements it has demonstrated so far in the Eastern Partnership programme, your country may count on signing three important documents with the EU by the end of 2013," Barroso revealed after meeting Moldovan Prime Minister Vlad Filat in Chisinau.
The European Commission president clarified that the agreements will be on establishing an EU-Moldova free trade area, on Moldova's association with the EU, and on the second phase in the action plan on visa liberalisation.
He noted that EU's financial support to Moldova has increased fivefold in the last six years, from EUR 25 M in 2006 to EUR 122 M in 2012.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: Putin will use Winter as a Weapon in the War
- » Day 279 of the Invasion of Ukraine: USA stated there is “No Need to declare Russia a Terrorist State”
- » Series of Knife Attacks in three Brussels Neighborhoods: Two People have Died
- » Bulgarian SPG-9 Warriors mounted on Buggies chase Russian Tanks through the Mud in Ukraine
- » Musk: Apple has 'threatened to withhold' Twitter
- » Breaching EU Sanctions will soon be a 'Eurocrime'