EU, Moldova Seek to Sign Key Agreements in 2013
Moldova is on its way to ink agreements on association and free trade with EU in 2013, European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso said on Friday.
"If Moldova goes on with the reforms and achievements it has demonstrated so far in the Eastern Partnership programme, your country may count on signing three important documents with the EU by the end of 2013," Barroso revealed after meeting Moldovan Prime Minister Vlad Filat in Chisinau.
The European Commission president clarified that the agreements will be on establishing an EU-Moldova free trade area, on Moldova's association with the EU, and on the second phase in the action plan on visa liberalisation.
He noted that EU's financial support to Moldova has increased fivefold in the last six years, from EUR 25 M in 2006 to EUR 122 M in 2012.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Media: Tensions between Bulgaria and North Macedonia are Decreasing
- » Joe Biden: An Attack on Ukraine would be the "Biggest Invasion" since World War II
- » Croatian President: Croatia will Withdraw its Troops from NATO in case of Russia-Ukraine Conflict
- » Russia has launched Military Maneuvers near Ukraine and in Annexed Crimea
- » British Foreign Minister: United Kingdom Unlikely to Send Troops to Ukraine
- » Ukraine's Security Service claims to have Thwarted “Armed Attacks” by a Russian Criminal Group