Bulgaria's Football 8th Most Corrupt in Europe
Bulgaria's football league is the 8th most corrupt in Europe, with at least 37 games allegedly fixed since June 2009,according to SportRadar, a supplier of sports-related data .
SportRadar has concluded that the Albania's championship is the most corrupt, with suspicious 97 matches over the period. Italy is second with 70, followed by Moldova (66).
At the end of August, a BBC investigation revealed that Bulgaria's football is deeply involved in mafia businesses, with match-fixing and money laundering being just the tip of a criminal iceberg that lurks beneath the surface of the game.
- » Mayor of Cherven Bryag was Detained for 24 Hours
- » Former Counter-intelligence Expert is Convinced the Terrorist from New Zealand had Contacts with Bulgarians
- » The Police Found Dead the Man who Killed his Wife in Botevgrad
- » Murder in Botevgrad: Man Suspected of Stabbing his Wife to Death
- » Norwegian Student Stabbed a Teacher and Three Other School Officials
- » Bulgarian Citizen Attacked Passersby and Policeman in a Park in Rome