Bulgaria's Football 8th Most Corrupt in Europe
Bulgaria's football league is the 8th most corrupt in Europe, with at least 37 games allegedly fixed since June 2009,according to SportRadar, a supplier of sports-related data .
SportRadar has concluded that the Albania's championship is the most corrupt, with suspicious 97 matches over the period. Italy is second with 70, followed by Moldova (66).
At the end of August, a BBC investigation revealed that Bulgaria's football is deeply involved in mafia businesses, with match-fixing and money laundering being just the tip of a criminal iceberg that lurks beneath the surface of the game.
- » Bulgaria Charges Six With Financing Syrian 'Terrorist' Groups As Network Uncovered
- » Bulgaria Extradites Russian Hacker to US: Embassy
- » 43 People Detained in a Large-Scale Operation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Prevented Smuggling of 1,5 kg of Gold Jewels
- » Man Attacked Students from the National Military University
- » Israeli Executive Arrested in Bulgaria on Guatemala Bribery Suspicions