Bulgaria's Football 8th Most Corrupt in Europe
Bulgaria's football league is the 8th most corrupt in Europe, with at least 37 games allegedly fixed since June 2009,according to SportRadar, a supplier of sports-related data .
SportRadar has concluded that the Albania's championship is the most corrupt, with suspicious 97 matches over the period. Italy is second with 70, followed by Moldova (66).
At the end of August, a BBC investigation revealed that Bulgaria's football is deeply involved in mafia businesses, with match-fixing and money laundering being just the tip of a criminal iceberg that lurks beneath the surface of the game.
- » Police Officers Discovered Modern Marihuana Greenhouse in Sofia
- » Thieves from Northwestern Bulgaria Stole over 170kg of Jelly Candies and Lollipops
- » Bulgarian Cable TV Owners Evade Taxes on Large Scale
- » 140 of the Upper Echelons - Ministers, Deputies, Mayors, Investigated for Corruption
- » Robbers Have Beaten an Old Man in his Home in order to Steal 130 Leva from him
- » Over 10 Kilograms of Drugs Were Seized by Specialists from the SDVR