Bulgarian Watchdog Suspects Flour Cartel
The Bulgarian state anti-trust agency has launched a price-fixing investigation in the country's the flour producton sector.
The investigation is part of a broader analysis by the Commission on Protection of Competition regarding the production chain linking wheat, flour and bread.
In particular focus has come the Union of Bulgarian Millers, a sector association bringing together Bulgaria's largest flour producers.
The Commission has said that fluctuations in wholesale flour prices unrelated to fluctuations in the price of wheat give it grouds to believe that a cartel agreement might be in place.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Prоsecutor General under Fire again
- » Vacccination Rate in Bulgaria Lower than Officially Reported
- » EasyJet with Routes to 30 Countries in August
- » North Macedonia Must Do away with Discrimination against Bulgarian Minority
- » Presidents of Austia and Bulgaria Discuss Topical Issues
- » Tourists from Romania 46.7 Percent of All EU Visitors to Bulgaria