Bulgaria Tames Wildfire along Border with Macedonia
Bulgarian fire fighters, foresters, and volunteers have managed to reign in a wildfire close to the Bulgarian-Macedonian border close to the southwestern town of Blagoevgrad.
The fire erupted at 11 am on Sunday between the villages of Gabrovo and Debochitsa, Blagoevgrad Municipality.
Four units of fire fighters and three units with employees of the Bulgarian Forestry Agency managed to tame the wildfire which burned down 50 acres of forest and bushes.
It was stopped before it managed to reach outlying houses, and villages, the BGNES news agency reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Sets The Clock Back to Winter Time
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cold but Sunny
- » 90 Dead, 34 Missing in Central Vietnam's Floods
- » Bulgarian Authorities Allowed Experimental Waste Incineration 10000 Times Above the Norms
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Orange Code for Wind and Heavy Rain
- » Earthquakes in Greece