Israeli Min: Israel-Bulgaria Relations Head Skyward
Israel and Bulgaria are very close friends whose friendship is destined to become ever closer and stronger, stated Israeli Minsiter of Tourism Stas Misezhnikov, who is on an official visit to Bulgaria.
Upon arriving Monday, Misezhnikov first met representatives of Bulgaria's Jewish community at the Sofia Synagogue.
The Israeli minister's visit comes in the wake of Wednesday's suicide attack in Bulgarian resort city of Burgas that claimed the lives of 5 Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
"This attack was organized by Hezbollah and financed by Iran," stated Misezhnikov, whose visit is intended to re-affirm warm and co-operative relations between Israel and Bulgaria.
"We have a common enemy - international terrorism and we must strengthen our bilateral ties in the field of security," added Misezhnikov.
The Israeli Minister of Tourism further stressed that Bulgaria and Israel can take even more advantage of their flourishing business and tourism relations.
- » Speakers of Parliaments in the Western Balkans Countries Gather on a Meeting in Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov Departs from Cairo to Berenice Naval Base on the Red Sea Coast (PHOTOS)
- » Herro Mustafa Chose a Bulgarian Rose as the Motif of her Ambassador’s Coin
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva to Participate in the Foreign Affairs Council on the situation in Iraq and Libya
- » Bulgaria to Host the Three Seas initiative Summit
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria Herro Mustafa Met with Defense Minister Karakachanov