Downpours Trigger Landslides, Road Closures across Bulgaria
Several roads, among them some key ones, are partially closed across Bulgaria Tuesday due to landslides in the aftermath of long-lasting torrential rains.
The "Petrohan" mountain pass in the Stara Planina range was temporarily closed after a phone call was placed early Tuesday morning to the 112 emergency hotline notifying about a large pile of rocks on the road. One lane is now open for traffic, but drivers are warned to exercise extreme caution.
The same warning has been issued for the other Stara Planina pass – "The Pass of the Republic." There is a landslide with rocks and fallen trees near the village of Pchelinovo, in the Stara Zagora region in the direction of the central city of Veliko Tarnovo.
Traffic is also impeded on a number of roads in the Rhodoppe Mountains over landslides, but all roads are open. Traffic police are asking drivers there to also be extremely cautious.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 9: Sunny and Hot, Temperatures Up to 33 Degrees
- » Bulgaria: 3-Year-Old Bear Found Dead Near Velingrad
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 8: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures up to 29 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 7: Cloudy and Rainy Today