Bulgaria's Energy Sector Sees Further Reshuffling
The head of Bulgaria's Sustainable Energy Development Agency Kolyo Kolev has been dismissed, the economy and energy minister announced on Monday.
Minister Delyan Dobrev cited the agency's lack of efficiency and slow pace as the reasons for his decision.
Kolev will be replaced by Kiril Georgiev, who has served so far as municipal councilor at Sofia municipal council on the ticket of the ruling GERB party.
This is the latest of a series of reshuffles in the sector managed by the Economy and Energy Ministry since the beginning of the year.
Last week Prime Minister Boyko Borisov released from her duty the Deputy Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism, Zhulieta Hubenova.
A week earlier Evgenia Haritonova, member of the State Commission for Energy Regulation (DKEVR), was proposed for appointment as Deputy Energy Minister.
Haritonova is to replace Valentin Nikolov, who was appointed CEO of the Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant, NPP, on May 7 after less than two months in office.
Nikolov was moved from the Parliament to the Ministry after the surprise resignation of Minister, Traicho Traikov, who was replaced by one of his deputies - Delyan Dobrev, currently Bulgaria's Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend