Strong Earthquake Rattles Bulgaria, Sofia
An earthquake with a 5.8 magnitude on the Richter scale has rattled Bulgaria and the capital Sofia.
According to preliminary data, the epicenter of the earthquake was between Sofia and Pernik, some 9 km north of the latter.
The earthquake has been felt all over Bulgaria, there are no initial reports of damages, casualties, or injuries but it has led the entire population of Sofia to exit their homes, spending the night in the streets.
The earthquake has also been felt in Bulgaria's western neighbors - Serbia and Macedonia.
- » NIMH: Maximum Temperatures between 8C and 13C, Rain in the Evening
- » A 5.6 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded Off the Coast of the Philippines
- » Code Yellow Warning for Strong Winds Issued for 24 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Drop in Temperatures, we can Expect Rain and Snow
- » Luxembourg Becomes the First Country in the World with Free Public Transport
- » A 6.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shook Indonesia's Tanimbar Region