Strong Earthquake Rattles Bulgaria, Sofia
An earthquake with a 5.8 magnitude on the Richter scale has rattled Bulgaria and the capital Sofia.
According to preliminary data, the epicenter of the earthquake was between Sofia and Pernik, some 9 km north of the latter.
The earthquake has been felt all over Bulgaria, there are no initial reports of damages, casualties, or injuries but it has led the entire population of Sofia to exit their homes, spending the night in the streets.
The earthquake has also been felt in Bulgaria's western neighbors - Serbia and Macedonia.
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs
- » The Ozone Hole over Antarctica - the Smallest in almost 30 Years!
- » It Will be Sunny Again Today, with Highs Between 29C and 34C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria