Disco Queen Donna Summer Dies at 63
Legendary disco singer Donna Summer passed away Thursday after losing a long battle with cancer, according to a report from TMZ. She was 63.
The sad news still has not been confirmed by Summer's publicist.
Summer was a 5-time Grammy winner whose hits dominated the charts in the 1970s. Her songs like "Last Dance," "Bad Girls" and "Hot Stuff" were among the decade's most successful.
She continued topping charts into the 1980s, with hits like "She Works Hard for the Money" and"This Time I Know It's for Real."
She is survived by her husband, singer and producer Bruce Sudano, their daughters, Brooklyn and Amanda and Summer's daughter, Mimi, from a previous marriage.
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis