Popular Bulgarian Pop Singer Katya Filipova Dies at 63
The popular Bulgarian pop singer, Katya Filipova, passed away Sunday at the age of 63 from pulmonary embolism.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian National Radio.
Ironically enough, Filipova, who was considered one of Bulgaria greatest voices, died on her birthday.
Some of her songs such as "Unforgettable," "Good Acquaintances," and "Good Evening," have been real hits for many years.
The funeral service is scheduled for Wednesday at 12 noon at the "Saint Paraskeva" church in the capital Sofia.
- » Former UN Chief Kofi Annan Dies at 80
- » Stephen Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, Dead at 90
- » The Head of the Chinese Company, which Won the Concession of Plovdiv Airport, has Passed Away
- » The Popular Bulgarian Historian Professor Bozhidar Dimitrov has Passed Away
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28