Bulgarian President Salutes Lawyers on Constitution Day
Bulgarian President Rosen Pleveneliev issued an official statement Monday on occasion of April 16, Bulgaria's Constitution Day.
On April 16, 1879, the Bulgarian Constituent Assembly adopted the country's first constitution, the so-called Tarnovo Constitution.
April 16 is celebrated in Bulgaria also as the professional holiday of lawyers, judges and all legal experts.
"With the Tarnovo Constitution our forefathers laid down principles that have lasted and have established the rights and freedoms of the individual as foundational for our country," stated Plevneliev.
He added that the challenges Bulgarian legalists and politicians faced in the end of the 19th century are not unlike the ones they are facing now.
"The quality of education in law, the quality of law making and law enforcement are precondtions for the rule of law and economic prosperity in the modern world," stated Plevneliev.
He further thanked Bulgaria's legal experts for their daily contribution to that endeavor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet