FinMin: Bulgaria Could Use Fuel Reserve to Tame Prices
During a visit to Haskovo Saturday, Djankov opposed an idea voiced by cabinet colleague, new Minister of Economy and Energy Delyan Dobrev, who had suggested that Bulgaria could lift the requirement of a biofuel component to alleviate the costs of producers.
"The biofuel component is a requirement of the EU and there is no way we can give it up," said Djankov.
The Minister of Finance also dismissed any options for decreasing the excise tax on fuels.
"We cannot drop the excise tax, not even for a minute, for as things stand now we are close to the minimum for the EU," explained he,
"The best option couuld be opening of the state reserve, which would tame fuel prices for some weeks," stated Djankov.
However he clarified that his can happen only if coordinated with the entire European Union, and will have only a temporary effect.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?
- » There will be Availability of Natural Gas for Bulgaria until the End of the Year, but at a High Price
- » Bulgarian Minister: The Greece-Bulgaria Gas Connection will have the Greatest Privileges in the Entire Country
- » The French government has drawn up a Package of Measures and Sanctions to Save Electricity
- » German Households to Reduce Energy Consumption by at least 20% due to the Gas Crisis