US Jet Crashed in Virginia Due to Technical Failure
The most probable reason for the jet crash of a US Navy F-18D Superhornet into a Virginia Beach residential building is technical failure.
This has been reported Saturday by the CNN, quoting US Navy spokesperson Mark Weisgerber.
"During the flight the pilot took the decision for emergency discharge of fuel, which is one of the indicators for technical failure in the craft," said Weisgerber.
At least seven people, including the two crew members of the jet, have been hospitalized as a result of the heavy incident.
Fortunately, medics have said they expect all injured, including the crew, to survive.
Some of the residents of the buildings onto which the F-18D crashed are still considered missing, reported the local press.
The Superhornet was executing a training flight from the Ocean air base, when it suddenly lost height and collided into a residential building in nearby Virginia Beach.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spurred by Film and TV Production, Canadian Entertainment Industry Continues to Surge
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February