Bulgarian Co Eyes Largest Romanian Copper Mine
The Bulgarian company Ellatzite Med is striving to acquire the largest copper mine in Romania, Cupru Min SA Abrud.
The initial bidding price is set at EUR 60 M. Other interested candidates include companies from Canada, the Netherlands and Australia.
Bidding applications will be opened, checked and analyzed by March 26, 2012. After that date, Romania will announce the list of companies allowed to take part in the public tender.
The privatization of Cupru Min was requested by the International Monetary Fund. There have been two failed attempts in 2008 to privatize the mine.
According to the company's accounting reports, it had a profit of RON 18.8 M in 2010, after losses of RON 17.9 M in 2009. Cupru Min has debt of RON 71 M, the publication notes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moody's confirmed the Credit Rating of Bulgaria and Predicts Postponement of the Euro
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started