Bulgarians Ranked Poorer than Chinese Peasants
Living standard in Bulgaria has hit record lows that are not representative of the European Union as a whole.
The sad statistics are ranking Bulgaria in the bottom of countries with low living standard globally.
The minimum monthly wage in Bulgaria is lower even than the one in China's remote rural areas, according to experts from the International Labor Confederation.
Minimum monthly wages in various Chinese provinces range between USD 160 and 240.
In Bulgaria, after deducting taxes and insurance contributions, the net minimum monthly wage is EUR 96 or about EUR 3.6 a day.
The above amount is absolutely insufficient for survival, according to Sharan Burrow President of International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19: 42 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 84 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threats sent to Schools in Sofia - Author says he is a Russian Nationalist
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 108 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas