Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Moves to Investigate Egg Price Hike
Bulgaria's Agriculture and Food Minister Miroslav Naydenov will investigate the reasons why egg prices in the country doubled in the course of just ten days.
"Egg producers came to me when they had problems – unfair competition from Poland, Bulgarian producers that had not fulfilled the requirements. I helped them cope with these problems. Back then, they told everyone that egg prices won't rise. Now the opposite is happening," Naydenov reminded on Monday, as cited by the Focus news agency.
While Naydenov agreed that certain factors like higher fodder and energy costs may justify increased prices, he stated that the increase should have been by a certain percentage instead of double as much as the previous prices.
"If they do not succeed at convincing me what the reason is or if I suspect a cartel agreement, I will ask the Commission on Protection of Competition to launch an investigation," Naydenov threatened, referring to egg producers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spurred by Film and TV Production, Canadian Entertainment Industry Continues to Surge
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February