Bulgarian Cuisine Could Get Protected by UNESCO
Products from the Bulgarian cuisine could be included in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage, said Bulgarian Vice-Minister of Agriculture and Foods Svetlana Boyanova.
Sunday Boyanova was in Paris for the yearly Paris International Agricultural Show.
The Bulgarian vice-minister said that the same protection could be also given to Bulgarian folk arts, such as music, dances and crafts.
Boyanova said that France has already put her cuisine under UNESCO protection.
According to her, nevertheless when French Minister of Culture Fr?d?ric Mitterrand was recently was asked which his favorite food is, he replied with Bulgarian tarator.
The Bulgarian stand at the Paris International Agricultural Show features the Gorna Oryahovitsa sudzhuk sausage, which was recently certified as a product with registered origin by the EU.
- » New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
- » UNESCO Added the Turkmen Rugs to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders