Bulgarian Cuisine Could Get Protected by UNESCO
Products from the Bulgarian cuisine could be included in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage, said Bulgarian Vice-Minister of Agriculture and Foods Svetlana Boyanova.
Sunday Boyanova was in Paris for the yearly Paris International Agricultural Show.
The Bulgarian vice-minister said that the same protection could be also given to Bulgarian folk arts, such as music, dances and crafts.
Boyanova said that France has already put her cuisine under UNESCO protection.
According to her, nevertheless when French Minister of Culture Fr?d?ric Mitterrand was recently was asked which his favorite food is, he replied with Bulgarian tarator.
The Bulgarian stand at the Paris International Agricultural Show features the Gorna Oryahovitsa sudzhuk sausage, which was recently certified as a product with registered origin by the EU.
- » Bulgarian Wins Best Actress Award at Sarajevo Film Festival
- » Apple is Turning Big Cities’ Streets into Art with Augmented Reality
- » Half of Bulgarians Like Local Pop Folk Music Chalga
- » The National Costume Festival in Zheravna Begins
- » Spice Music Festival - 90`s Edition Coming in August to Burgas
- » N.Y’s Kalafatis Teams With Bulgaria’s Nu Boyana for Greek Venture