Germans, Brits Top Sofia's Hotel Visitors
People from Germany, the UK, Greece, Italy and France were the most frequent foreign hotel visitors in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, according to Sofia City Hall's official data.
Most foreigners visited Sofia's hotels in September (over 76 000), October (over 75 000) and March (over 62 000).
Among Sofia's four and five-star hotels, Kempinski Zografski registered the higher total number of hotel nights in 2011 (86 005), followed by Dedeman Princess (72 435), Hilton (59 178), Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan (55 139) and Rodina (47 365).
Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan observed the highest bed utilization rate in 2011 (84%), followed by Hilton (67%).
Over the last four years, a steady growth has been registered in the number of nights spent in Sofia's four- and five-star hotels, reaching 64% of all Sofia hotel nights in 2011, while the one- to three-star hotels have seen a decrease for the same period.
- » Bulgaria and Egypt Will Share Experience in the Field of Tourism
- » China Has 843 Five-Star Hotels
- » What are the Most Common Items People Forget to Pack for Vacation?
- » Australian Airline Qantas Breaks a World Record with a Direct Flight from London to Sydney
- » 5 Reasons Tuscany Should be at the Top of Your Travel Bucket List
- » Over BGN 1.374 Billion in Tourist Nights Spent in 9 Months