Bulgaria Braces for Code Orange Due to Harsh Cold
Code orange has been declared for almost the entire territory of Bulgaria Monday by the national weather service, due to especially cold weather setting in.
Sunday all but two southwestern regions were under code yellow, with highs at most places staying below -5 degrees C.
Lows are expected to drop below -15 C overnight and not to rise much above that throughout Monday, when lows will continue dropping.
In some parts of northern Bulgaria and closed valleys, lows are expected to reach -23 C.
Monday southwestern regions of Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad and Smolyan are under code red for potentially dangerous whether, while Bulgaria's remaining 25 regions are under code orange for dangerous weather.
Temperatures are expected to continue dropping with a few degrees each day Tuesday through Thursday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1