Sofia City Hall Convenes Emergency Headquarters over Snow
The Sofia City Hall has called emergency headquarters to coordinate the cleaning of snow-covered roads.
It has been snowing in the capital since the wee hours Wednesday and there is a reported a 35-cm snow cover.
The Mayor of Sofia, Yordanka Fandakova, informs that all available snow plows and other snow removal equipment – about 200 machines, are on the streets and had cleaned non-stop overnight into the day Thursday.
The City Hall's services have cleaned several times already the main roads and those used by public transportation, which is running without significant delays. Fandakova says those thoroughfares are priority while the cleaning of side streets will start in the evening.
Public transportation stops and underpasses are also being cleaned round-the-clock, according to the City Hall.
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria
- » Nearly 900 Asteroids Are Potentially Dangerous to the Earth Over the Next 100 Years