3.5 Earthquake Shakes Bulgaria's Razlog
A mild earthquake was felt in the first hour of Saturday in the town of Razlog, near the winter resort of Bansko in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain in southern Bulgaria.
The quake measured 3.5 on the Richter scale and was registered at 0:58 a.m., the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) said in statement.
The tremor was felt in Razlog, even on lower floors of buildings, and was accompanied by a strong roar and a horizontal shock.
There are no reports of damages, injuries or panic among the town's residents.
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria