Bulgaria's Largest Resort Sunny Beach Appoints New CEO
Bulgaria's largest Black Sea resort "Sunny Beach" Jsc has appointed Zlatko Dimitrov as its new CEO, according to a decision of its Board of Directors made Friday.
Dimitrov, who is currently the Deputy Governor of the Burgas District, has been serving as the Chair of the Board of Sunny Beach, a position that he has now vacated; he is also set to quit his government job.
Bulgaria's Deputy Economy Minister in charge of tourism Ivo Marinov has been elected as the new Chair of the Sunny Beach board.
Before Dimitrov's appointment, however, the Sunny Beach Board accepted the resignation of the resort's outgoing CEO Mariya Mihaleva.
Mihaleva handed in her resignation in September 2011 during the notorious crisis with Bulgarian tour operator Alma Tour, which left hundreds of Russian and Finnish tourists stranded at Bulgaria's Black Sea airports.
The crisis occurred when Bulgaria Air, Bulgaria's national air carrier owned by the Varna-based business group TIM, refused to carry out scheduled charter flights that had been previously set with Alma Tour because of the latter's debts to the airline company.
In a press statement Sunny Beach Jsc said that Mihaleva submitted her resignation "even though she was not to blame for the conflict" because of her capacity of regional representative of Alma Tour.
The first job of the new Sunny Beach CEO Zlatko Dimitrov will be to convene an emergency meeting of the general assembly of the Sunny Beach shareholders at the beginning of 2012, the company said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » This year Trips From and To Bulgaria are Increasing compared to July 2022
- » Wizz Air reached 25 million Passengers in Bulgaria
- » Feces in the Sea: Up to 41 times above the norm is the Pollution on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Chinese Tourists are Returning to Bulgaria and 70 other countries
- » Great Britain is among the Most Popular Destinations for Bulgarians this Summer