Bulgaria's Burgas among Top 30 European Access Cities
Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas has been ranked among the top thirty cities in the European Union, competing for the 2011 Access City title.
The news was reported by the Burgas City hall.
The award is bestowed each year and the contest is organized by the European Commission with the goal to focus attention on European cities, which work most actively to improve access for handicap people.
Burgas is among the finalists and was selected from 114 cities from 23 countries. It is the only Bulgarian city that made the ranking. The winner is going to be announced on December 1 in Brussels.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria