Cold Spell to Bring Snow to Bulgaria End-Week
After the sunny Wednesday when the mercury hit 19 degrees Celsius, Bulgaria will wake up to much colder temperatures on Thursday and see a new spate of snowfalls at the end of the week.
The winter arrived early in Bulgaria n the middle of October, but was cut short by the so-called Gypsy summer.
Now the mercury is expected to plunge to 2 degrees Celsius below zero in western Bulgaria and nearly hurricane winds on the Black Sea coast and the entire eastern Bulgaria where there will be a mix of rain and snow.
The mercury in the capital Sofia will not climb higher than 6 degrees.
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C
- » Water Levels are Critically Low Along the Danube, Ships Run Aground
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Temperatures up to 20-25°C
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry: Three Nature Parks Get BGN 1.5 million Under OPE
- » Moderate Quake in Halkidiki Rattles Northern Greece