Cold Spell to Bring Snow to Bulgaria End-Week
After the sunny Wednesday when the mercury hit 19 degrees Celsius, Bulgaria will wake up to much colder temperatures on Thursday and see a new spate of snowfalls at the end of the week.
The winter arrived early in Bulgaria n the middle of October, but was cut short by the so-called Gypsy summer.
Now the mercury is expected to plunge to 2 degrees Celsius below zero in western Bulgaria and nearly hurricane winds on the Black Sea coast and the entire eastern Bulgaria where there will be a mix of rain and snow.
The mercury in the capital Sofia will not climb higher than 6 degrees.
- » Alaska Set a Record High Temperature and a Record Amount of Snowfall in the Same Day
- » Weather Forecast: Foggy and Cloudy
- » The Dirtiest Air in the World Is in New Delhi
- » Brussels Increases the Fine for Throwing a Cigarette Butt from 50 to 200 Euros
- » Greenland's Largest Airport Is Closing due to Climate Change
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy with Moderate Wind