East Bulgaria Calls Code Orange for Extreme Weather Monday
Code orange for dangerous weather has been declared Monday for Dobrich, Varna and Burgas regions, announced the Bulgarian national weather service.
Sunday the first snow fell in the Bulgarian west lowlands, with temperatures not reaching above 5 degrees Centigrade.
Monday intensive precipitation of rain and snow, as well as exceptionally strong winds are expected for the Bulgarian east end, along the Black Sea coast.
A more moderate code yellow has been issued for Haskovo, Yambol, Sliven, Shumen and Silistra regions, also in the eastern part of the country, announced the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Tuesday a warming up of the weather is expected, with sun setting in and temperatures going back to the normal for the fall, with highs reaching around 15 C.
Over the course of Sunday, a number of roads across the country experienced obstructions due to the unexpected snowfall.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water
- » Evacuation in Italy After Mont Blanc Glacier Threatens to Fall
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain Over Western Bulgaria, Sunny on the Seaside