Dozens of Bulgarians Protest Belene NPP on Chernobyl Eve
About 100 Bulgarians gathered to the construction site of Belene NPP Monday, one day before the anniversary of the Chernobyl NPP disaster on April 26, 1986.
Protesters described the Belene NPP project as a "factory for lies and corruption and a Trojan horse for Russian interests in Bulgaria."
They also asked for more transparency on the project, including information regarding its economic effectiveness, and argued that the NPP is actually not needed.
Eco-activists also raised worries about the the disposal of the waste for the possible future NPP.
They also underscored the need to thoroughly revise nuclear energy policy after the disaster at the Japanese Fukushima NPP.
- » Temperatures Will Drop, the Real Summer Is Expected in the Beginning of August
- » Rain Showers Accompanied by Thunder Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures from 25C in Northeast to 35C in Southwest
- » Economic Losses From Bad Weather in Europe in June Will Cost $ 2 billion
- » Sunny with Highs Between 32C and 37C
- » Will the Weather in Bulgaria Surprise us Next Week?
- » Mount Etna WAKES UP