Huge Wild Fire Rages near Bulgaria's Bansko Resort
A huge wild fire is reported Sunday between the villages of Gostun and Osenovo in the municipality of Bulgaria's mountain resort of Bansko.
The fire broke around 5 pm Saturday, Mayor Alexander Kravarov, has informed.
2 000 decares of forests have been whipped off. The fire continues to burn, but has been localized with seven fire trucks and a large number of firefighters still trying to extinguish it. A helicopter with water is expected to join in later during the day.
Residents of the nearby villages are not in danger anymore. There are no reports of building damage.
About 150 firemen and local volunteers from the towns of Razlog and Bansko have taken part in the action, working until 10 pm Saturday and resuming the effort at 5 am Sunday. The strong wind created additional difficulties in taming the blaze.
- » It Will Be Mostly Sunny Today, Isolated Showers Are Possible in the Mountains
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs
- » The Ozone Hole over Antarctica - the Smallest in almost 30 Years!
- » It Will be Sunny Again Today, with Highs Between 29C and 34C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday