Officials Say Mubarak Still in Egypt
Officials from Egypt's ruling Supreme Council of the Armed Forces have denied Al Jazeera reports that the country's ousted president Hosni Mubarak has left for Germany.
Egypt's ousted president Hosny Mubarak had not left for Germany despite a media report to the contrary, an official Egyptian source told the German Press Agency dpa on Sunday.
The former president is still said to be under house arrest in the Egyptian resort town Sharm El-Sheikh.
The Qatar-based Al Jazeera broadcaster had earlier reported that Mubarak had left the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh for Germany.
The broadcaster cited unnamed sources and gave no further details.
There have been several media reports since Mubarak stepped down claiming that he had travelled abroad.
Mubarak was toppled from his post after nearly 30 years in power.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Ukrainian President Recommends Joaquin Phoenix's Film to End Hours-Long Hostage Siege