Mubarak Leaves For Germany - Report
Former Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak left the country Sunday, heading for Germany, Al Jazeera reported.
The deposed president reportedly left by plane from an airport in Sharm el-Sheikh, where he has been under house arrest since he stepped down on Feb. 11.
He has traveled to Germany on previous occasions to receive medial treatment.
In the middle of February an Israeli French-language magazine named JSS News, claimed that Mubarak, who has long been rumored to be suffering from cancer, was in the terminal phase of disease. According to the media he was at that time on his death bead in a hospital in Baden, Germany.
Egypt's prime minister, Obama administration official and a spokesman for German Chancellor Angela Merkel denied these rumors, saying the former Egyptian president has been in the seaside resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, where his private residence is located.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Ukrainian President Recommends Joaquin Phoenix's Film to End Hours-Long Hostage Siege