Radiation Levels in Bulgaria Remain Unchanged
Latest measurements, conducted Tuesday, show that the radiation levels all across the country remain unchanged, the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency informs.
The news comes on the heels of a number of reports that radioactive particles from the quake-damaged Japanese Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant have reached Bulgaria.
NRA experts are adamant that there is no precedent of a nuclear cloud traveling over 10 000 kilometers without fully dissipating, and remind people should not be alarmed about their health and should not take iodine as radiation prevention.
Radiation from Fukushima reached Europe on March 23, but in quantities that would not affect people's health.
NRA consistently monitors radiation in the country and further stresses it is impossible the one from Fukushima would reach harmful levels.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed in Botswana
- » How to Prepare for Vacation in Bulgaria?
- » Overfishing Poses Serious Hazard to Black Sea Fish Populations
- » Greece Sets Daring Experiment – Whole Aegean Island Goes Completely Green
- » European Environment Agency Released Beaches and Bathing Water Ranking: Where Is Bulgaria?
- » Iceberg Larger Than Majorca Broke off from Northern Edge of Antarctica