Indonesian Volcano Erupts, Sends Lava and Gas
One of Indonesia's most active volcanoes, Mount Karangetang, erupted Friday, sending lava and searing gas clouds down its slopes.
The Washington Post reported that volcanology official Agus Budianto said authorities were still trying to evacuate residents living near the slopes of Mount Karangetang.
There have not been immediate reports of injuries or damages.
The 1 784-meter mountain is located on Siau, part of the Sulawesi island chain. It last erupted in August, killing four people.
The eruption occurred hours after a devastating 8.9-magnitude earthquake hit Japan and triggered a Pacific-wide tsunami.
In November 2010, Indonesia's most dangerous volcano, Mount Merapi, erupted and killed at least 58 people and injured dozens.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Air Blockade in Israel until Netanyahu reverses Judicial Reform
- » Day 397 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv wants Emergency UN Meeting over Putin’s Nuclear Plans
- » After Joining Schengen: The Last Border Checks in Croatia have been Abolished
- » Elon Musk valued Twitter at just 20 Billion Dollars
- » Economists expect a Recession and High Inflation in the US