Bulgaria Chief Prosecutor: Security Agency Head Resignation Act of Integrity
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Boris Velchev defined the resignation of the national security agency head, Tsvetlin Yovchev, as an "act of old-fashioned integrity".
On Thursday, Velchev said that the State Agency for National Security (DANS) director is a worthy man and that based on his reasons, his resignation has nothing to do with the eavesdropping scandal involving top officials.
His resignation follows last month's leak of conversations, taped by DANS, to the public via a weekly newspaper, sparking a scandal. The leaked conversations implicate officials, including Borisov, as corrupt.
Bulgaria's chief prosecutor said Thursday that the investigation on the eavesdropping scandal continues. He added that new witnesses were questioned on Wednesday in order to clarify who had access to the information from the special surveillance devices and how was the leaking possible technically.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend