Legendary Claudia Cardinale Special Guest at Sofia Film Fest
Legendary Italian actress Claudia Cardinale is arriving to Bulgaria to be a special guest at the 15th edition of the Sofia International Film Festival.
The festival begins March 4 at the National Palace of Culture (NDK) in Sofia. The event will continue until March 13, with an additional program in Sofia, Burgas, Plovdiv and Varna until March 20.
The organizers of the Sofia Film Fest announced that on March 11 at a gala screening of the 1963 movie "The Leopard" by director Luchino Visconti, Cardinale will receive the Sofia Award by the Sofia Municipality for her outstanding contribution to the art of cinema.
The actress was born in 1938 in Tunisia to Italian emigrant parents. In 1957, she won the "Most Beautiful Italian Girl in Tunisia" contest. The same year she made her debut in the feature film "Goha".
Her most famous movies are "Cartouche" (1962), "8 1/2" (1963), "The Professionals" (1966), "Once Upon a Time in the West" (1968) and "The Pink Panther" (1963).
The majority of Cardinale's movies were either Italian or French.
- » Today is the World Theatre Day
- » The 24th Sofia International Film Festival and the 17th Sofia Meetings Postponed
- » The National Gallery Limits Attendance at its Affiliates
- » The 24rd Edition of Sofia International Film Festival Begins in March
- » The New James Bond Movie Premiere will be Delayed because of the Coronavirus
- » Al Bano and Romina Power's Concert in Bulgaria is Postponed