Veliko Tarnovo Selected Bulgaria's Most Romantic City in 2011
Veliko Tarnovo has been selected Bulgaria's first "City of Lovers" for 2011 in a radio campaign.
The campaign for most romantic city was initiated by the Bulgarian branch of SBS Broadcasting Group. In a period of one month, listeners of the group's radio stations cast their vote.
The winner was announced on Valentine's Day. Veliko Tarnovo ranked first, followed by Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas and Nesebar.
The Executive Director of SBS Bulgaria, Zhivko Kalotov, and the host of the morning show on Veselina Radio station, Desi Taseva, have presented the mayor of Veliko Tarnovo, Rumen Rashev, with the award.
"As a city with a 5000-year history and as a capital of the Second Bulgarian Empire, Veliko Tarnovo proved that historical heritage and unique atmosphere carry genuine romance," Kalotov said.
This was the first "City of Lovers" campaign organized in Bulgaria. The next edition is expected to be held in 2012.
- » Bulgaria - One of the EU Countries with the Highest Shares of Total Revenue from Environmental Tax
- » BGN 20 Million Allocated for Ambulance Helicopters
- » ROADPOL Operation: Over 3000 Violations Registered
- » Green Zone to be Introduced in 4 More Sofia Neighbourhoods?
- » First Case of a COVID-19 Infected in Israel
- » A Tram Hit a Child in Sofia