Foreigners Residing in Bulgaria Can't Use Online Census
Foreigners who live in Bulgaria cannot take part in the online Census which was launched Tuesday, but still have to take part in the Census.
The census will show, among other things, how many foreign citizens live permanently in Bulgaria.
Reporters from the private TV channel bTV traveled to the village of Avren in eastern Bulgaria, known for the large number of Brits residing there, to find out how the Census is going to be carried out. They learned that in such locations, the National Statistics Institute (NSI) will send English-speaking people with questionnaires translated in English.
The Brits, living in Avren, however, told the reporters they prefer to be able to participate in the online census with some not being aware about the Census, and expressing surprise they will be visited soon by someone to count them.
Bulgarians, who work and study abroad, also have no access to the online Census site outside the territory of the country, NSI remind. This has been done on purpose because Bulgarians residing in other EU Member States will be counted there.
- » An Explosion in a Russian Lab that Stores Deadly Viruses Like Smallpox, HIV and Ebola
- » 3rd Day of International Sofia Urban Zone
- » The Bulgarian Economy Restructured Successfully after the Global Economic Crisis in 2009
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Passenger Train Derails in Hong Kong during a Rush Hour, There Are Injured
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs