Rock Legends Whitesnake Announce Sofia Concert
English rock legends Whitesnake will stage a concert in Bulgaria on July 8, according to their official website.
The information on the website says that Whitesnake will perform at Sofia's Akademik Stadium. The concert will be part of the band's world tour, which begins May 14 in the United States and continues to Russia, Norway, Sweden, UK, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey.
However, even though the exact place of the concert in Bulgaria is announced at the website, the news has not been confirmed by any local concert organizer.
The tour will include band members David Coverdale, Brian Tichy, Michael Devin, Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach.
This will not be the first concert of the group in Bulgaria. Their first gig was in Sofia in 1997, followed by several more in 2003, 2006 and 2008.
Whitesnake was founded in the UK in 1977 by Coverdale, former Deep Purple member. In mid-1980s the band moved away from its early blues influenced hard rock to a more commercial heavy metal style.
It was named the 85th greatest hard rock band of all time by VH1. Some of their most popular songs are "Is This Love", "Here I Go Again" and "Still of the Night".
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People
- » "Night 2019" in Plovdiv Offers Many Cultural Events
- » The Bulgarian Premiere of SOMEONE FROM HOME Will Take Place on September 15 at the Kino Cabana
- » Milko Lazarov's "Aga" is the Bulgarian Proposal For an Oscar
- » Theodore Ushev's 'The Physics of Sorrow' Animation with a World Premiere in Toronto
- » Vezhdi Rashidov Opens an Exhibition in Plovdiv