Rock Legends Whitesnake Announce Sofia Concert
English rock legends Whitesnake will stage a concert in Bulgaria on July 8, according to their official website.
The information on the website says that Whitesnake will perform at Sofia's Akademik Stadium. The concert will be part of the band's world tour, which begins May 14 in the United States and continues to Russia, Norway, Sweden, UK, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey.
However, even though the exact place of the concert in Bulgaria is announced at the website, the news has not been confirmed by any local concert organizer.
The tour will include band members David Coverdale, Brian Tichy, Michael Devin, Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach.
This will not be the first concert of the group in Bulgaria. Their first gig was in Sofia in 1997, followed by several more in 2003, 2006 and 2008.
Whitesnake was founded in the UK in 1977 by Coverdale, former Deep Purple member. In mid-1980s the band moved away from its early blues influenced hard rock to a more commercial heavy metal style.
It was named the 85th greatest hard rock band of all time by VH1. Some of their most popular songs are "Is This Love", "Here I Go Again" and "Still of the Night".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Conferences and Seminars are Allowed in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's National Library is Now Opened
- » Officially! Bulgaria Opens Museums, Cinemas, Libraries and Allows Concerts
- » Bulgaria Will Participate in Chicago Exhibition
- » Summer Work and Travel Programs for Students were not Canceled but Postponed until May 12, Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva Said
- » Almost Empty Temples on Holy Saturday in Bulgaria